Saturday, March 7, 2009

Address book framework

The iPhone has a framework or group of classes that are designed to work with the contact database and have some utility screens or windows that can be used to view, select, add etc.

These routines are giving me problem. For some reason, the ABPeoplePickerNavigationController, which has a text entry field, won't allow the ideme keyboard to display. I see the routines being called but nothing appears. I cannot tell if it is because the AB windows are modal or not but it will require some debugging.

Also I noticed that some routines are being called twice, which is going to be problematic. This is because IdemeInputViewController is initiated twice, once for the horizontal keyboard, and once for the vertical one. I may have to isolate the keyboard specific routines to minize overlap.

Also the address book routine, ABPersonViewController which displays the detailed information about a particular ABRecordRef (or contact) is defying being called. There must be something wrong since I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue on the forum anywhere.

No comments: